Thursday, December 30, 2010

YES, Brooke has arrived & is 2 months ALREADY!

I know, Brooke is 2 months old and I am just now blogging about her for the first time. What can I say about our daughter... She is WONDERFUL!!! I love being a Mommy and James is enjoying Fatherhood. Brooke had her 2 month appointment this week and weighed in at 11 lbs 3 oz and 21 3/4 inches long. She has been steadily gaining since she was born. She also had her first round of shots since the hospital and Brooke was not happy about them at all. She screamed so loud the nurses heard her at their desks down the hall. Her tears made me want to cry. I could not wait to scoop her up and console her once the doctor was done. She is a very alert and active little girl. The doctor said she holds her head like a four month old. We are already proud parents as we watch her grow, learn and achieve new skills every day. Here are some picture of little Miss Brooke over the past 2 months...



Our 1st Christmas!

My silly Auntie's Lisa & Lora
We're waiting for Santa!


Brooke with her Wonderful Grandma's!
She loves her Grandma Bern & Grandma Dee

Mommy & Brooke on Christmas Eve
2 Months old


Brooke's Baptism 12/19/10 - held on her Grandpa Mike's birthday
Pictured with her Godparents Aaron & Loni and Parker too

The best Christmas gift ever!


Brooke and Daddy doing sit-ups

Brooke's 1st Thanksgiving

4 Generations - Nanna, Grandma, Mom, Me, Auntie Lora, & Auntie Lisa
Thanksgiving Day



1 Month Old - Nov 24, 2010


Me & Auntie Crystal - I'm so cozy...

My Birthday Buddies, Landa and Steve!

Happy Halloween - 7 days old


5 days old

Brooke's friend Gracie! I love this picture of her!

Stephen & Brooke - He was so excited to meet her.

Brooke, all ready to go home!

Brooke Noelle Perkins - October 24, 2010 / 12:43 pm / 7lbs 4oz / 20 inches
Brooke's Birth Story
I went into labor with Brooke at 12:30 am on October 24, 2010. She was determined not to be born on her due date! After laboring at home for 1.5 hours, James and I loaded our bags and headed to the hospital. James' Mom was down visiting from Oregon and hoping Brooke would arrive while she was here. Denise decided to stay back at our house until we made sure the hospital deemed I was in active labor and was going to admit me. My Mom and sisters decided to waste no time and started their 3 hour drive from the Bay Area. On our way to the hospital we called our close friends to inform them. With contractions 3-7 minutes apart the hospital admitted me at about 2:30 am. Laboring while standing and walking felt a lot better then when sitting, so with James' help I walked the halls until 4:15 am. At this point I had to head back to my room so that the nurse could check me. She hooked me up to fluids and told me I was about 2 cm. Around 7:30 I had progressed to 4 cm and was given an epidural. Wow, epidurals are fantastic!!! I felt great and without pain once on the epidural constant drip, however it slowed down my labor to contractions every 10 minutes apart. To help speed things up they put me on pitocin and broke my water. At about this time, 9:30 am, I began to feel discomfort again. I mentioned it to the nurse, thinking at first it may have to do with the pitocin and breaking my water. It did coincide with these two things, but also had to do with the fact that my epidural had COMPLETELY STOPPED WORKING! They tried everything, including giving me other drugs, which only made me drowsy but did not kill the pain. They were contemplating re-doing the epidural when i told the nurse that I felt like I needed to push. She checked me and I was at 10 cm, Woohoo! I pushed for about 20 minutes and Brooke was born! In the end it was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment